And so it arrives . . . this moment I’ve been anticipating for over a year now. The day when I can release to you to the words God gave to me over the course of forty days last summer. It’s my cancer story, wrapped up in words and memories that express both joy and sorrow, hope deferred and hope realized. Funny thing . . . I still feel these words. They’re still fresh, still speaking strength to my soul. I pray they’ll speak strength to your soul as well.
It seems fitting that Beyond Cancer’s Scars: Laying Claim to a Stronger Spirit releases this week. Today, August 23rd, marks the two year anniversary of my cancer diagnosis. Two years ago, I couldn’t see today—a future moment when the suffering I was about to absorb would bloom as a witness to the sustaining strength and faithfulness of God. Two years ago, all I could do was feel the pain, suffer the losses, and hold tightly to the faith that had so beautifully followed me all the days of my life.
That faith and God’s grace have carried me forward to this moment—a day when he turns the tables on my previous suffering by using it for his kingdom purposes. This is my prayer . . . that my story might serve as a soothing balm to your suffering season. That you would feel less alone in your struggle and that you, like me, would allow God to use your pain to shape the souls of the generation that sits beneath your influence.
Your story in God’s hands advances his kingdom. Write it, speak it, feel it, and, most importantly, live your story forward. The best is yet to be! With Jesus, the best is always yet to be.
Would you please help me spread the word about my book? Here are some ways you can help:
- Share this post and the book trailer with your friends via e-mail, facebook, twitter, blog, and other social media pages.
- Purchase a copy of the book for your pastor to serve as a resource for those in his/her congregation who are dealing with cancer.
- Purchase a copy of the book for a family member, co-worker, neighbor, or friend who is struggling with cancer or another soul-eating “something”.
- Consider starting a support group for cancer patients/family members/others who are suffering (a free, downloadable facilitator’s guide is available by clicking on the following link: Download Facilitator’s Guide for Beyond Cancer’s Scars).
- Ask your local bookstores to carry my book.
- Share my speaking information page with your church staff and others who are looking for a special event speaker.
- Write a review of Beyond Cancer’s Scars for online retailers (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.)
- For your ordering convenience, I’ve added PayPal to my website (credit cards accepted with or without a PayPal account). Currently, I’m accepting U.S. orders only but am happy to serve international needs on an individual basis. Please contact me by clicking here. *All orders will be shipped at media-mail rates.
- If you’re not comfortable using PayPal and would like to pay by check, please contact me by clicking here.
- You can also order Beyond Cancer’s Scars from my publisher by clicking here, by calling 877-421-7323, and through other online retailers.
- I’ve worked with a jewelry designer and selected beads to create a sterling silver, survivor’s bracelet. The bracelet will be sold as a companion to Beyond Cancer’s Scars. Bracelet supplies are limited, as each is handmade.
Order Now Using PayPal/Credit Card:
Beyond Cancer’s Scars $14 plus S/H
Beyond Cancer’s Scars Facilitator’s Guide (nine session study) Free Download OR $7 plus S/H
Beyond Cancer’s Scars & Survivor’s Bracelet $35 plus S/H